Encouraging news from the NHBC as private sector registrations rose 7% during the June to August quarter, according to NHBC’s latest statistics.
During the period, 30,738 new homes were registered in the private sector compared to 28,660 over the same timeframe in 2017. Meanwhile, those for the affordable sector grew 23% to 11,809.
NHBC said that in London, “a considerable increase in the number of private rental sector developments and large housing association projects” during the period helped drive a 145% increase in registrations against the same quarter in 2017.
Total registrations for the rolling quarter rose 11% to 42,547 new homes.
In August, the number of new homes registered increased 1% to 13,713 year-on-year. Private sector registrations were slightly down during the month, slipping to 10,588 new homes against August 2017’s 10,738. Those for the affordable sector were up from 2,801 in 2017 to 3,125.
NHBC’s chief executive Steve Wood said: “We continue to see strong numbers in many parts of the UK with a substantial uplift in London, driven by increased activity by housing associations and the continued flow of inward investment on for-sale and private rental developments.
“The continuing uncertainties around Brexit and the UK’s economic outlook do not seem sufficient to dent confidence in the new homes market, where NHBC’s focus remains on helping developers to build more, high-quality homes for people across the country.”
Showing posts with label NHBC. Show all posts
Showing posts with label NHBC. Show all posts
Saturday, 29 September 2018
Monday, 30 October 2017
NHBC announce that registrations reach highest third quarter in a decade
During the July to September period, (Q3 2017) 37,936 new homes were registered, a 6% increase on the same period last year. Of these 29,083 were for the private sector, a 9% increase on Q3 2016.
Meanwhile in the affordable sector, registrations dropped 5% to 8,853 new homes.
NHBC said that seven out of 12 UK regions saw registration growth during Q3 2017 against 2016. Among those with the most significant growth were Scotland which experienced a 50% rise to 3,056 new homes registered, the East Midlands at 42% growth to 3,575, and the North East, seeing registrations improve 34% to 2,078.
But Greater London’s registrations dropped from 3,860 in Q3 2016 to 2,494 during the July to September period this year.
NHBC’s ceo Steve Wood, said: “We have seen encouraging growth in terms of the number of new homes being registered over the last three months, across many parts of the country.
“With demand for high quality new homes as strong as ever, this is positive news for the industry and prospective homebuyers, particularly in light of the current political and economic uncertainties.”
Photograph via Shutterstock: shutterstock_163820348
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)

